WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://totalsounds.co.uk.
We are the leading DJ equipment store in the Reading & Berkshire area. We are constantly updating our online store and showroom daily with new products so if the item you are looking for is not listed please contact the store on 01189 510050 or email [email protected].
Personal information may be collected through use of the company website or face to face as a request when purchasing goods. For example, we collect personal information when you:
- deal with us in person or by telephone, email or letter;
- make an enquiry or complete a web form;
- register to attend an event;
The types of personal information collected will be relevant to the goods sold in the showroom or via the website. Information collected/requested may include your title, first name, surname, home and work contact details (telephone, street address, email address).
When purchasing a product or service for which payment is being made through debit or credit card or via direct debit arrangements, details relating to your debit or credit card or bank account are collected and are temporarily stored until we have processed your order and the selected payment method is completed.
Data protection legislation says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of the following reasons:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to administer your membership of the Total Sounds or to register you as an interim or permanent recruitment candidate.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for marketing preferences and to receive newsletters.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Total Sounds in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most appropriate and secure way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Parties such as sub-contractors or suppliers / delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information with a regulatory body or for law enforcement purposes.
Using those reasons as appropriate to each circumstance, personal information may be collected and handled by Total Sounds for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services you expect us to;
- to respond to requests or questions when you contact us;
- with your consent we may also use your contact data to inform you about services, products, events, etc that might be of interest to you, via email, telephone, SMS/text or mail;
- to send to you newsletters that may be of interest;
- to comply with any legal obligation where necessary; and
- we may also process your information to:
investigate or respond to incidents and complaints
b. comply with obligations and rights and cooperate with investigations carried out by the police, government or regulators.
Personal information may be used to send direct marketing via email and other communication means when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing communications at any time by emailing [email protected]
You are not obliged to provide your personal information to us when generally navigating our website; however, we cannot fulfil any specific requests for information or provide you with specific products or services unless you do so.
Total Sounds does not use automated systems/processes and automated decision-making (e.g. profiling) for the provision of its services to you.
If we collect your personal information the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors, including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under relevant legislation.
We may need your personal information for legal, accounting or regulatory purposes. For this purpose we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘How we use your information’ (section 3 above).
The only exceptions to this are where:
the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period or to delete it sooner;
you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
Where the customer requests a finance agreement for goods purchased from Total Sounds they will be referred to a third party via a Web Link in order for the Consumer to make a Credit Application. This is the only occasion where Total Sounds will share your information with a third party.
Information you provide to us will not as a matter of course be transferred outside the European Economic Area (i.e. transfer to a “third country”).
We collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and we will not use it in isolation to identify you or any individual.
The Total Sounds website is based on a content management system and, for the website to function, certain other cookies are stored temporarily on your computer. In particular, the text size widgets utilize cookies to remember the setting between pages and certain other cookies are required to ensure correct functioning of the website and are not used for any other purpose.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your web browser; however, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Total Sounds website if cookies are disabled. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.
The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/
We will use operational procedures and technical and organisational security measures to mitigate any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of your personal information. Although we do our best in this way to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to Total Sounds website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk.
Under applicable data protection laws you are entitled to request the following:
- Right of access; to request access to your personal information and information about how it is processed
- Right to rectification; to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten), however this is subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data
- Right to restriction of processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability; to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information where appropriate
- Right to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling
These are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information about them on the Information Commissioner’s Office website www.ico.org.uk. To exercise your rights, you can email us at [email protected]
To the extent that processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before the receipt of such withdrawal.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country where you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the website www.ico.org.uk. However, if you believe that your personal information has been or is being used by the Total Sounds in a way that does not comply with data protection regulations, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will endeavour to directly resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
We want to keep you up to date newsletters, special offers, opportunities and information relevant to your relationship with the Total Sounds. We will only send communications to you via email or SMS text.
Where we send marketing communications to you via email you may opt out of receiving individual marketing communications by emailing [email protected] quoting ‘Opt-out’ as the subject and providing the following information: your name, your email address, a contact telephone number, the communications you would like to opt out of receiving. It may take up to 10 working days from receipt of your request for this to take place and you may receive further communications in the intervening period while your request is being actioned.
Should you need to contact us please write to: Data Protection Officer, Total Sounds, Unit 5C, Weldale Street, Reading, RG1 7BX or via [email protected] quoting ‘Security and Privacy Enquiry’ as the subject.